ZikZin Ever

ZikZin Ever

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jang Keun Suk Shines with His Wit on ′Love Rain′ Shoot

Hello pretty EEL's

'Jang Keun Suk proved he could bring the mood up whenever he wanted by practically MCing the public shooting of the upcoming KBS2 drama Love Rain.'


Love Rain is a melodrama produced by Yoon Suk Ho, the man behind the great original hallyu drama Winter Sonata.

Love Rain made issues because it was PD Yoon’s first return to the drama scene in five years, and also because it had an all-star cast with Jang Keun Suk, Yoona, Seo In Guk, Hwang Bo Ra, Kim Si Hoo and Son Eun Seo.

The cast has been filming the drama for two months in Daegu, and for the public shoot, they appeared in a scene involving a set which looked like the open shoot for a 70s radio program. While Jang Keun Suk sang with Seo In Guk and Kim Si Hoo with acoustic guitars, Yoona looked on in the audience and let herself go to her emotions.

In the press conference that followed the shoot, Jang continuously made his audience laugh by bringing up the mood with his silly antics. He led the scene by praising other actors when most of the questions were directed at him.

When Kim Si Hoo became flustered at a question that asked how he would appeal when he was relatively unknown compared to Jang Keun Suk and Seo In Guk, Jang took over and praised Kim, saying, “He’s a powerful actor that can surpass me, the Prince of Asia.”

When Hwang Bo Ra shortly answered a question on what was her most enjoyable moment that it was when “everyone in the cast danced and sang at the get-together on the first day,” Jang gave her another chance to talk by asking her, “What does dancing mean to you?”

He even teased Son Eun Seo, asking her, “Do you like me, or do you like Seo In Guk?”

Jang didn’t forget to praise Yoona, saying that he’s “a real fan” of Yoona. He chatted away, “I secretly put coffee in Yoona’s car so that my partner can be in top shape” and that he gives out “unlimited coffee services.” The journalists and fans gathered at the scene couldn’t help but burst out laughing at Jang’s wit.

Jang also showed his great attachment to Love Rain. He said, “I’m honored to be working with a great senior, director Yoon Suk Ho. He’s the mentor of my life. I’ll make sure I show I’ve become a better person through this piece.”

On whether he’s choosing roles that sing on purpose, he said it’s “just a coincidence.” He added, “When I choose whether I should take up a piece, I don’t decide based on whether the character sings or not. I also think it’s funny that coincidentally I’ve been in a lot of singing roles recently. In Love Rain I’m an artist, and because he’s a very sensitive character, I thought he would be hard to express. I was also afraid because I’m a bad artist. But I grew closer to art through this piece, and because the story takes place in the musical coffee shop Serabi, I thought I would be able to express [my role’s] emotions through music.”



“The trio of Serabi, Seo In Guk, Kim Si Hoo and I, all turned out to be the same age,” he added. “We became friends quickly, and the funny thing is that when we meet outside of shoots, we always bring our guitars with us. While we strummed our guitars, wrote songs and talked, I felt we were becoming one. Anyway, I try to concentrate more on the music the character likes than the music I like.”

Director Yoon touched on this issue, saying, “The icon of youth culture in the 70s were jeans and guitars. When I was designing the drama, I set In Ha as an artist who is a good singer. I didn’t think of Jang Keun Suk when I set the role to be that way, but I heard later on that Jang Keun Suk is good at singing, so I thought that was good.”

He added, “There are a lot of people who think it’s going to be a drama that doesn’t fit recent trends, but I want to produce dramas that are purer rather than stronger or faster. Of course, since I can’t free myself entirely from viewership ratings, I’m concerned about that, too. I think it’s going to be new because there hasn’t been any campus dramas set in the 70s. I have experience with dramas like Tomorrow Is Love, and before the season series, I worked on trendy dramas like Feelings and Propose, so I’ll try to make a ‘digi-log’ drama which balances the emotions of the 70s and of more modern times.”

Love Rain takes place during two different decades: In the 70s, the college students In Ha (Jang Keun Suk) and Yun Hee (Yoona) fall in a pure love at the musical coffee shop Serabi, and in 2012, their sons and daughters Seo Joon (Jang Keun Suk) and Ha Na (Yoona) meet to build a love relationship that transcends time. It will start airing in May 2012.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Gwan
source:enewsworld




No comments: